I recently met again my favorite and beloved teacher in primary school who was the first to give me a taste of the beauty of storytelling. She kept on developing the same fairy tale day after day until school year was over.
I had totally forgotten that I started writing my own tale at some point as a gift to her.
She kept the story for a long time before it was eventually lost.
I keep wondering what it was about.
Studying cinema can be very addictive as it never really ends. The tools you learn fast, but one life is not enough to unearth the multiple layers of film discovery. Who would you rather be? A new layer in film or a discoverer?
Let's just say for now I decided to be faithful to the images that arise in me.
* NORTH/SOUTH (diptych feature in development)
* Linceul III : Agate Mousse (2020) - International Film Festival of Rotterdam 2021 (Tiger Competition)
* Tech-No-Love, a short film in Super-8 (2018)
* Linceul II: Cortex (2018)
* Linceul (2017) - Visions du Réel 2018, JihLava, Tirana,
SOAS' Queer Asia
* Holy Tissue (2017)
* This Little Father Obsession (2016) - Visions du Réel 2016,
FIDBA, JCC, Aflam Marseille, SOAS, Beirut Cinema Days,
Yamagata Intl Film Festival, JihLava, Cinemed, Cairo Critics' week...
* Ce petit quelque chose
(for the 50th anniversary of Collège Louise Wegmann -2015)
* Music videos: Adonis' Men Shu Bteshki Beirut,
Sandmoon's Home, the incompetents' stripped (2013)
* Gloria & Paul (2012 - a 48 hour film project)
* *: the conception (2012) - Mishkal, La corrida (Toulouse)
* The demolition (2011)
* Für Nano in hi-8 Bemol (2011)
* + (2010) - Soirée Censuré au Liban in Nice
* Pouldreuzic (2010)
* A trip to the Barbershop (2010) - Beirut Cinema Days,
Yamagata Intl Film Festival, Tunis
* La rencontre (2009)
* Letter to my sister (2008) - Oran International Film Festival,
Student film festival winner Beirut
In this week's episode of Creatively Speaking, host Alan Mehanna sits down with Lebanese Filmmaker Selim Mourad as the two discuss life and its relation to cinema, what inspired Selim to become the filmmaker he is today, and our relationship with the camera, capturing our memories, and sharing them with the world.